[Neighbors] ART (Sally Beers via Neighbors_nobhill-nm)

Mintphy via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 22 12:32:55 MST 2016

I live a block from Carlisle and Central. I AM 100% IN SUPPORT OF THE ART!
It will make way for so much improvement up and down central including
better walkways, slowing traffic on Central and upgraded water/sewage lines
which are in dire need. I have lived in Albuquerque for 45 years and can’t
wait for such an improvement to this corridor. My partner and I will both be
taking the public transportation to work daily. That in itself will take two
more cars off the road. Hooray!

I worry about the success of the local businesses in the area. I am a strong
supporter of local business but when I posted on Facebook about being in
support of this project and listed every business that was not, Only one
business answered me with an explanation of why they are concerned. That was
Shade Tree Café... sadly they didn’t make it to the beginning of the
project. It seems that it wouldn’t have made it anyway and just were against
The ART out of fear. I imagine many are against The ART for the same reason.

I am excited about the chance for businesses to come to Nob Hill and replace
so many of the empty windows. We are losing more businesses daily. I look
forward to a better walking/biking atmosphere and more foot traffic welcomed
to our neighborhood. The city has promised to do as much as possible to
assist the small businesses and the time for construction to work around
normal schedules. I can’t think of a better way to bring Albuquerque and our
neighborhood forward and to welcome more customers to the area.

Go Albuquerque!

-Sal Gonzales