[Neighbors] Comcast Rant

Stephen Mullens via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jan 20 19:12:12 MST 2016

James,

Thanks for speaking up.  Comcast has been a source of angst for me for years. I spend hours getting my cable plan right sized and affordable as possible and within months they hike my rates again and I’m not talking about their introductory rates. After a few years of this I cancelled everything except the high speed internet, gave up cable programming, and am only using Netflix and Plex and amazon for my shows (which by the way the program options far exceed those of comcast).  Now my Comcast internet service is constantly having problems resulting in my spending hours on the phone with their tech support and many technician visits, some of which they schedule incorrectly.  And my monthly rates/their prices keep inching up. I’m on my second modem in two months and have been having to reset it 3-6 times per day for the last 4-6 weeks.  Everytime I call their tech support they try to upsell me on their bundled services (while my existing service with them isn’t working!!!). Today I finally took the time to explore alternative providers and found that CenturyLink can provide high speed internet to the nob hill area so I signed on with them hoping to never see another Comcast bill again after this last one.  Comcast sucks as a company and their services are over-priced and are not reliable.  I’d like to see them banned from the state (actually I’d like to see them go out of business they are heartless, ruthless, and greedy).  Thanks for opening the door for me to rant.

Stephen Mullens