[Neighbors] Comcast Rant

RamDas Singh Khalsa via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jan 20 20:22:01 MST 2016

I also 'cut the cable' and 'got rid of satellite'.  I had used Comcast, and
got very tired of their 'customer no-service' and very high prices.  I used
DirecTV for a couple of years, but after the incentives ended, so did the
lower prices.  I now use CenturyLink for my internet service.  I'm in Nob
Hill and CenturyLink recently upgraded so my internet connection is 40
Mpbs.  I call them once each year, and they give me a loyalty bonus so my
bill is about $20 per month.  For my TV, I have an indoor non-amplified
HDTV antenna.  I pick up all of the network channels crystal clear.  Some
friends in the Heights have a problem in that they do not have a clear line
of sight to the transmission towers on Sandia Peak.  I also purchased a
Roku streaming player.  There many free channels including lots of old
movie channels.  I love sports, so I do subscribe to Sling.  I pay under
$30 per month and get ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TMC, AMC, History, History 2, A&E
and quite a few more basic cable networks.  I cannot record programs.  I am
told that there are devices I can purchase, but I have not found the need
to do that.