[Neighbors] Diesel to get worse on Lead/Coal : one of the reasons for the lawsuits

jaguirre_87106--- via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Jun 20 21:05:28 MDT 2016

Hi Bob,

Thanks for informing me (us) about this development.

I wonder if our state senator and representative (Cisco, Gail) could introduce legislation to repair this situation (that is, make the diesel vehicles subject to emissions testing).

Also, it is exactly this kind of issue (diesel exhaust along an unusually narrow residential "arterial")  that should have been looked at in an environmental assessment  before ART was  approved by the FTA.

And it is, as I believe you know,  the "categorical exclusion" (exempting the project from an environmental assessment) that is being challenged by both the McCall and Gallegos/Boyd lawsuits.

You probably saw the ABQ Free Press online article about Yolanda Gallegos' presentation at a recent community meeting, laying out details of their case.  Here's the link in case you haven't.

http://www.freeabq.com/2016/06/17/exposed-mayor-richard-j-berry-the-artful-dodger/

Joseph