[Neighbors] Route 66 Summerfest Notice

Omega Delgado via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jul 18 11:38:09 MDT 2017

Good morning-

The annual Route 66 Summerfest will once again take place in Nob Hill
on Saturday,
July 22 from 3-10 p.m. Due to the construction, we have made some
modifications to the event area. The event will now take place on Central
Ave. in between Girard and Carlisle. In addition, we will also be utilizing
Monte Vista, from Girard to Campus.

Route 66 Summerfest has something for everyone. There are four different
music stages including national headliners Los Lobos, a Cork & Tap local
beer garden, the Mother Road Artisan Market, and plenty of fun for the kids
at the KidZone. In addition to the great restaurants in the Nob Hill area,
there will be a variety of food trucks serving up their tasty treats.

Due to the large amount of infrastructure required for this event, we will
close a small portion of lanes on Central on Friday, July 21 starting at 9
a.m. The interior lane in each direction will be closed from Dartmouth to
Bryn Mawr, leaving one lane of traffic open in each direction. Bryn Mawr
between Central and Silver will also have limited access on Friday.  The
rest of the event area will be closed at midnight on Saturday, July 22.
(Friday night) and will remain closed until approximately 3 a.m. on Sunday
July, 23.  Each barricade will have a security officer to ensure that
vehicular traffic does not access the event area.

Please anticipate a high volume of traffic in the area. We will be offering
a free Park and Ride from the UNM lot on the southwest corner of Lomas and
University, as well as shuttle stops on Central from Carlisle to Washington.

We respectfully ask that you share this information will all of the people
in your Neighborhood Associations. Please find all of the details on this
event at the official City webpage,

https://www.cabq.gov/culturalservices/things-to-do/annual-events/summerfest/
route-66-summerfest

Do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions.

Eric Werner

Events and Operations Manager

505-768-3451 <(505)%20768-3451>

505-768-2846 <(505)%20768-2846> (fax)