[Neighbors] Outreach Event, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association POSTPONED

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu May 25 09:21:01 MDT 2017

Nob Hill Friends, We have to postpone tonight’s outreach event due to illness of our special guest. Please advise anyone you may have invited.

We plan to re-schedule in July. If you need information on your tax credit project or have another question on preservation you can call Harvey of NM Historic Preservation Division at 505-827-3971. Get well soon, Harvey!

¡Viva Nob Hill! Gary 991-1388

Historic Districts and Residential Tax Credits in Nob Hill

Who and What: The vast majority of Nob Hill houses were built before WWII and continue to convey the sense of the pre-war period. Based on surveys in 1995 the Monte Vista and College View Historic District was listed in the NM Register of Cultural Places (1998). In 2001 it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

Why: Learn how this took place as your neighborhood association screens an oral history interview with Ed Boles, one of the authors of the nomination to the state and national registers.

Then welcome Harvey Kaplan from the NM Historic Preservation Division discussing the NM tax credit program for renovation of historic structures. Over 40 homeowners in Nob Hill have received tax credits of 50% of the cost of work like:

-roofing

-heating

-cooling

-electrical modernization

-and restoring wood floors

We hope to have people who have received the credit and people who want to learn how.

Harvey can address how to maintain your house’s historic character, historical plaques, possible registration of additional districts, and whatever you are curious about.

When: POSTPONED…TO BE RESCHEDULED