[Neighbors] Dying Trees

Jana Hazelbaker via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Oct 11 12:13:10 MDT 2017

Here’s my 2 cents: planting a tree native to areas that see 50+ inches of annual rainfall here in Albuquerque where we receive only an average of 9 inches is a recipe for disaster. Isn’t it wiser to plant native trees that can survive on the annual rainfall and other harsh conditions of our environment?

Trees already showing signs of stress may not be worth saving, and replacing them with natives should be a consideration. Anyone with questions about their tree problems can call Bernco Extension Office hotline at 243-1386.

Jana Hazelbaker