[Neighbors] Thoughts re flood insurance

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Sep 9 14:14:10 MDT 2017

Jim,

I would check with https://www.cabq.gov/planning/development-review-services/hydrology-section

and my insurance agent.

Gary

From: Neighbors_nobhill-nm [mailto:neighbors_nobhill-nm-bounces at mailman.swcp.com] On Behalf Of JRB via Neighbors_nobhill-nm
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2017 10:37 AM
To: Nob Hill Neighbors
Subject: [Neighbors] Thoughts re flood insurance

Hi All:  Happy Saturday.  It is coming time to renew my home insurance coverage, at a cost of about $1,000 per year.  With all the weather news, I checked my existing coverage  and learned that my coverage excludes flood damage.  As a matter of fact, in reviewing my policy it seems that more items are excluded than are covered.  Typical insurance situation.  Question is: living here in Nob Hill  (Solano/Lomas) what are the general thoughts as to whether flood coverage should be maintained, or is the flood risk so remote that such coverage would be a waste of money.  Not sure what the additional cost would be to add flood coverage to my existing policy. Thoughts/comments appreciated.   Have a great weekend. Jim