[Neighbors] Lead/Coal upcoming meeting with city planners April 26 at 1 PM Civic Plaza 7th Floor

Robert L Anderson via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Apr 28 12:01:19 MDT 2018

All the main routes in this area like Zuni, Central, Monte Vista, Campus and other side streets are constipated, often just one long line of cars backed up trying to move between the bus and bicycle lanes.  It is open season with the bus lanes for hot rods to cut in and out of the long line of cars.  We almost got hit by a Mustang doing this the other night on Central.  The big city planners hired by Berry sure messed us up good and the new mayor Keller thinks ART is a good prelude to light rail sometime in the future.  Light rail will not solve these other problems, probably make things worse.  We are in a bad situation.

I know Richmond SE our street is like a race track feeder to Coal/Lead and dangerous due to high speed drivers trying to get someplace.  The way the traffic flows now on Coal by our place one can see black tire marks in the pavement were cars power accelerate to get past the lights ahead toward Carlisle.  Speeding and noise from smaller cars trying to sound like big race cars is just intolerable now.  Plus we got big military jets circling overhead now.  Nob Hill is really not a nice place to live anymore.

Bob