[Neighbors] Silver Maple

kingkb via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Aug 14 10:46:41 MDT 2018

Really recommend you talk to Baca's Trees!

It is much better for
trees to get less frequent, DEEP watering - unless an arborist tells you
otherwise, your current plan is backwards.

In hot weather, they need
to be watered every 5 to 7 days - and you need a depth of 12 to 18
inches. That takes time to achieve. You can check the depth with
anything you can stick into the ground - I am using a compost
thermometer, just because it has a good diameter (thin enough to go in
the ground, thick enough to not bend, long enough to get that 18 inch
measurement).

It's great that you are working to say your tree! Please
get professional advice :).

On Aug 13 2018 6:22 PM, JRB via
Neighbors_nobhill-nm wrote:

> Thanks all for your responses. My poor
silver maple has been getting all the wrong attention. She is exposed to
full sun from about noon until sunset. No shade from other trees. Plus I
have been relying on my grass sprinkler watering to service the watering
needs of the tree. Big mistake! In an effort to save the tree, I have
set up a watering system independent/and in addition to the grass
sprinklers. Currently set for every other day for 15 minutes. Just
wondering if I should set the new system to daily watering? Advice
appreciated.

Neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com

[1]

Links: