[Neighbors] Accident

Eliza Peralta via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Aug 20 22:20:04 MDT 2018

Sorry about this horrible accident. Was anyone hurt?
On Sunday, my husband and I were crossing Lead Ave just East of Solano and
a lady and two kids were walking in front of us, about 10 feet away. The
lady was busy with one kid and the other little kid slowed  down on Lead
Ave as a car was coming up the hill. I started screaming and my husband ran
in front of the kid placing himself between the little kid and the car.
Thankfully, the car was going sort of the speed limit and everything turned
out well. But, it could have easily been a disastrous situation. A couple
of seconds later, the cars were again going freeway style fast .If that had
been the case a few seconds earlier, a tragedy surely would have ensued.

Just in case people are unaware, some neighbors have been meeting together
to try to work with the city to implement some safety from traffic for
those who live on Lead and or Coal Ave. Please come to Nob Hill
Association's yearly meeting on September 27 at Monte Vista  Church, 3501
Campus NE,  time, 6PM, to learn more about this  and other relevant issues.
Together, we can help make our neighborhood safer again. Keep in mind that
more people die from car crashes in NM than crime.