[Neighbors] Maria Munguia Leaves Nob Hill Neighborhood Association Board

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Dec 19 11:51:59 MST 2018

Nob Hill Friends,

Maria Munguia has served our association well as a director for the past 3
years. She recently resigned to move to California to be near family. All of
Nob Hill joins me in thanking her for her contribution to our community!

I am sending this email to notify you of her departure and to ask members to
express interest in filling her vacancy until our next membership meeting in
September.

If we get more than one interested person we will invite all interested
persons to help in some capacity that works for them.

Please “search your soul” to see if this might be your time to help your
neighborhood. Please explore it with your neighbors. Nob Hill can address
problems and opportunities better with good leaders.

I hope we can identify a new board member at our board meeting on January 8.
We can consider any interested person until then or on that evening.

¡Viva Nob Hill! Gary Eyster, President

Here is Section 5.04 of our bylaws which deals with vacancies on our board
or directors.

(a) A vacancy or vacancies in the Board of Directors shall be deemed to
exist on the occurrence of any of the following: (i) the death or
resignation of any Director; (ii) the removal of a Director; (iii) an
increase in the authorized number of Directors; (iv) the failure of the
Members to elect the minimum number of Directors at the Annual Meeting.

(b) Vacancies in the Board may be filled by the affirmative vote of a
majority of the remaining directors then in office, though less than a
quorum, provided that the Board make reasonable attempts to notify the
Members of the vacancy and solicit interested Members to fill the vacancy.
Each Director elected to fill a vacancy shall hold office until the next
Annual Meeting.