[Neighbors] Fwd: Larger neon sign for the Carlisle Condos.

Veronica Salinas via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Mar 23 14:10:30 MDT 2018

 Dear neighbors:

Astute observers will note that while city officials state my interpretation is incorrect four times in three different e-mails, none say why my interpretation is incorrect.
Any guesses as to why city officials eagerly point to my error, but repeatedly fail to say why I am in error?
-Veronica

     On Thursday, March 22, 2018, 2:35:38 PM MDT, Davis, Pat via Neighbors_nobhill-nm <neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

  Neighbors, I wanted to respond to the concerns shared on the Listserve this morning about the sign approval for The Carlisle.
It was mistakenly shared that this change would apply to other properties in the neighborhood. I asked our planning staff and attorneys to review that allegation. You can see their analysis below.
As always, if you have other questions about land-use you can always ask the staff in my office to provide some guidance. That’s what we are here for.
Pat Davis-City Councilor_____________________________
From: Foran, Sean M. <seanforan at cabq.gov>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:00 PM
Subject: FW: [Neighbors] Larger neon sign for the Carlisle Condos.
To: Davis, Pat <patdavis at cabq.gov>

Councilor Davis,

I asked Shanna to take a look at Veronica’s interpretation of the recent Administrative Amendments; she is incorrect in saying that the amendments apply to the entire Sector Plan.

Shanna’s response is below.

Thanks,
Sean

***

Hi Sean,

Veronica’s interpretation of Administrative Amendments (AA) is not correct – the allowed deviationsdo not apply to the entire sector plan. The Notice of Decision for the two recent AAs in the Nob Hill area (Copper/Aliso and Carlisle/Central) specifically state that the allowed deviations areproperty specific (see below). The same deviations allowed via these AAs would not be allowed on any other properties outside of the properties that made each request. This means, in the most recent example,only The Carlisle development will be able to utilize the additional sign height. I also reviewed the LUHO’s Notice of Decision for both cases and did not see him elude to the idea that the AAs would be applicable throughout the sector plan.

I’ve chatted with Council’s legal staff, who typically reviews and handles land use appeals, and he concurred with this position.

Shanna Schultz,MPA, MCRP

Policy Analyst - Planning

Albuquerque City Council

505.768.3185