[Neighbors] November 29th District 6 Coalition Meeting Hosted by University Heights: OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Gina Naomi Dennis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Nov 21 17:37:29 MST 2018

*Meeting & Potluck **District 6 Coalition **of Neighborhood Associations *

*Hosted by our University Heights Association*

*Thursday, November 29, 2018*

*6:00pm - 8:00pm*

*UNM School of Architecture and Planning*

*Albuquerque, NM 87106*

*Map and Directions
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/UNM+School+of+Architecture+and+Planning/@35.0813777,-106.6893128,12z/data=!4m18!1m12!4m11!1m3!2m2!1d-106.6144684!2d35.0805348!1m6!1m2!1s0x87220b67c1761787:0xc23ad964516494ff!2sUNM+School+of+Architecture+and+Planning!2m2!1d-106.6192727!2d35.0813978!3m4!1s0x87220b67c1761787:0xc23ad964516494ff!8m2!3d35.0813978!4d-106.6192727>*

***across from Frontier Restaurant*

*Street parking, surface parking, and garage parking *

[image: d6 thanx pic.jpg]

OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! OUR NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY MOVEMENT!

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO NEIGHBORS. BRING NEIGHBORS and BRING FOOD!

THE AGENDA IS PRESENTED HERE AND THE SEPTEMBER 2018 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE
AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK.

MEETING AGENDA DISTRICT 6 COALITION:

*1. Welcome & Introductions*

*2. Approval of Agenda & Minutes*

*3. Sheriff's Office and APD SE Area Command*

Sheriff Manuel Gonzales III, Undersheriff Larry Koren

Lt. Rene Barraza of APD: SE Area Command

*4. Lead Avenue: Public Safety and Public Health*

The University Heights Neighborhood is experiencing Public Safety and
Public Health concerns with Lead Avenue. We will discuss Coalition support
to address these issues. Additional information is attached to this email.

*5. Coal Avenue: Public Safety and Public Health*

The University Heights Neighborhood is experiencing Public Safety and
Public Health concerns with Coal Avenue. We will discuss Coalition support
to address these issues. Additional information is attached to this email.

*6. Bernalillo County Assessor’s Office: Vacant and Abandoned Properties*

The County Assessor’s Office will discuss Vacant and Abandoned Properties
(VAAP) and property valuations.  We will discuss Coalition support to
address these issues in our neighborhoods, including the La Mesa
Neighborhood.

*7. Emerson Elementary*

We will discuss the needs of Emerson. APS School Staff will provide
information about the needs.  We will discuss Coalition support to address
these needs.

*8. Kirtland Air Force Base Civil Engineering and AMAFCA*

The Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority and Kirtland
AFB Civil Engineering will provide an update on the AMAFCA retention basin
and Gibson gate.

*9. Parks and Homelessness: Public Safety and Public Health*

We will discuss Coalition support to resolve issues such as homelessness,
needles (i.e., drug use), and poor lighting in our Neighborhood Parks.
These issues impact the Public Safety and Public Health of our children and
our families. In addition, the growing homelessness and drug use in our
Parks has become a systemic problem that has evolved into more than just a
"Park" issue and has also become a Community-Wide "People" issue.

*10. Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court*

Camille Baca (PIO), Judge Maria I. Dominguez, Judge Linda S. Rogers, and
Judge Courtney B. Weaks will speak about the Court.

*11. Albuquerque Mayor's Office: Lighting in our Neighborhoods, regarding
poor lighting in some of our neighborhoods *

Aaron Nieto, of the Mayor's Office, will discuss lighting and other
initiatives. We will also discuss status updates on the $95,000, the list
of neighborhoods seeking lighting, and the Coalition Lighting Support
Letter to the Mayor’s Office.

*12. Whittier Elementary and Hawthorne Elementary*

These schools are now in a state of emergency due to recent decisions made
by PED. We will discuss our Coalition Schools Support Letter that we sent
to PED on July 5th. APS Representatives and School Staff will provide a
status update and answer questions.

*13. Project in the Trumbull Village Neighborhood to serve* *people
experiencing homelessness*

We will discuss Coalition support and the status of the Compassion Services
Center in the Trumbull neighborhood, to serve the people experiencing
homelessness there.

*14. Neighborhood Association Concerns*

*15. Community Input & Announcements*

Gina Naomi Dennis, President

District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

17 Neighborhoods

www.district6coalition.com

Yours in Democracy,
Gina Naomi Dennis