[Neighbors] Safari Grill, 3001 Central Ave NE, requests restaurant liquor license with on premise consumption only

Spencer Nelson via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Oct 30 17:25:07 MDT 2018

Even if you are planning to attend the hearing, I suggest you send an
email, letter, or fax to the hearing officer Stephen M. Chavez or the
contact.
Sandra M. Chavez, Liquor Hearing Contact
Alcohol Licensing Coordinator
(505) 768-3147  (fax 505 768-3227)
smchavez at cabq.gov

Here is what I sent to them.

I am writing to comment on the following waiver and license application
to be considered at the hearing on November 9, 2018 by Steven M. Chavez,
Esq. Liquor Hearing Officer:

Liquor License/Application: 1104647
Applicant: Future 500, LLC Doing Business As: Safari Grill
Proposed Location: 3001 Central Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
The applicant is requesting a distance waiver from the City of
Albuquerque as the proposed location is within 300 feet of the Calvary
Baptist Church, the applicant is also requesting restaurant liquor
license with on premise consumption only.

My comment to the hearing officer:
As a many-year resident of the neighborhood adjacent to the location
proposed, I fully support the granting of the waiver and the liquor
license. The business is a quiet, responsible one and the ability to
serve beer and wine will only enhance its chances of continuing to
contribute to the vitality of the neighborhood.

Sincerely,
Spencer Nelson
523 Hermosa Dr NE
Albuquerque, NM 87108