[Neighbors] 7-11 Store Central & Solano SE

Gary & Melodie Eyster via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Feb 13 10:51:11 MST 2019

Thank you, Flora, for taking the lead on this matter. Thanks to all neighbors involved.

On Monday I talked with Debra Lopez, NM Alcohol and Gaming Division, (505)476-4551. She told me that this is a transfer of ownership. Therefore, it will have a mandatory hearing by CABQ. I think that means the CABQ Liquor Hearing Officer. She said that since this is a transfer of ownership the bar is high for disapproval (disapproval is hard to get). It’s on a par with a revocation; also hard to get. When I get a date on that I will place the item on the agenda for a regular Nob Hill Neighborhood Association board meeting so we can have a community discussion and develop an association action.

In the meantime, and all the time, I encourage every neighbor to make your positions known to your association and public officials. Also, hearing officials give a lot of weight to police calls for service. So if you witness situations related to alcohol sales at this location that warrant it please call 242-COPS or, if an emergency, 911.

Kind regards, Gary Eyster, President NHNA