[Neighbors] March 28th District 6 Coalition Meeting Hosted by Southeast Heights: OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Gina Naomi Dennis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Mar 26 19:53:08 MDT 2019

Meeting & Potluck District 6 Coalition of Neighborhood Associations

Hosted by our Southeast Heights Neighborhood Association

Thursday, March 28, 2019

6:30pm - 8:30pm

Bandelier Elementary School

3309 Pershing Ave. SE

Albuquerque, NM 87106

Map and Directions
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir/35.0616556,-106.6239103/bandelier+elementary+school/@35.0668287,-106.6229778,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m1!4e1!1m5!1m1!1s0x87220b733da016fb:0xa7b13a1b8874f423!2m2!1d-106.606931!2d35.07092>

Surface parking

OUR COMMUNITY & FOOD! OUR NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY MOVEMENT!

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO NEIGHBORS. BRING NEIGHBORS and BRING FOOD!

THE CONFIRMED AGENDA IS PRESENTED HERE (THE FINAL SEQUENCE) AND THE JANUARY
2019 MEETING MINUTES WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS WEEK.

CONFIRMED MEETING AGENDA DISTRICT 6 COALITION:

1. Welcome & Introductions

2. Approval of Minutes

3. Sheriff's Office and APD SE Area Command

Lt. Arron Williamson of the Sheriff's Office

Lt. Johnny Yara of APD: acting SE Area Commander

4. Fuel Spill: Kirtland Air Force Base

Kathryn Lynnes, Senior Advisor with Kirtland AFB, will discuss progress and
updates regarding the Fuel Spill.

5. AMAFCA

Bruce Thomson is a Board Member with AMAFCA and a representative of the
Southeast Heights Neighborhood Association. He will discuss the budget of
the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority.

6. Lighting in our Neighborhoods, regarding poor lighting in some of our
neighborhoods

We will discuss status updates on the $95,000. We will also discuss the
District 6 Coalition's Citizen Capital Outlay requests of $1,500,000 and
(1) the absence of City lighting infrastructure in some areas, the black
holes, and the absence of mid-block lighting (which could be addressed via
capital outlay in the future) and (2) how that differs from PNM's
retrofit/upgrade project, which is a wonderful project commencing in
phases this
Spring 2019. This includes a powerful conversation with Sherrick Roanhorse
of PNM and Derek Kastendieck of PNM.

7. Albuquerque Department of Municipal Development

Johnny Chandler with DMD will discuss the successful progress and powerful
projects of the Albuquerque Department of Municipal Development.

8. Whittier Elementary and Hawthorne Elementary Schools

We will discuss Whittier's exciting Community School event in March 2019.
We will also discuss our Coalition Schools Support Letter that we sent to
PED on July 5, 2018. APS Representatives and School Staff will provide a
status update and answer questions.

9. Lead Avenue and Coal Avenue: Public Safety and Public Health

We will discuss our new Coalition Support Letter to the City to support the
Lead-Coal Task Force, involving the City, the University Heights
Neighborhood, the Nob Hill Neighborhood, and others.

*10. Homelessness in Parks and Streets: Public Health and **Public Safety*

We will discuss the implementation of the Coalition's 3-stage strategy to
resolve issues such as homelessness and needles (i.e., drug use), including
the underlying issues of addiction and mental health. These issues impact
the Public Health and the Public Safety of our community, our children, and
our families. In addition, the growing homelessness and drug use in our
Parks has become a systemic problem that has evolved into more than just a
"Park" issue and has also become a Community-Wide "People" issue.

11. Vacant and Abandoned Properties

We will discuss our confirmed Coalition support to address Vacant and
Abandoned Properties (VAAP) in our neighborhoods, including the La Mesa
Neighborhood and other Neighborhoods. We will discuss our progress towards
(1) drafting the Memorandum Of Understanding with (Scott Hughes) UNM
Geospatial and Population Studies for data access and community training
regarding the identification of VAAP, as well as our confirmed Coalition
support for (Scott) UNM's grant (funding) application and (2) our strong
relationship with (Elena Gonzales) Homewise regarding the title and
ownership records of VAAP and property rehabs.

12. Follow-up: Projects

Emerson Elementary School

We will discuss our new Coalition School Support Letter to APS and the
Mayor's Office to address the needs of Emerson Elementary School.

*Gibson Bypass:* Public Safety and Public Health

We will discuss our confirmed Coalition Support for the Gibson Bypass.

*Albuquerque Garbage Transfer Station*

We will discuss the Coalition's confirmed position on the City's Garbage
Transfer Station.

Project in the Trumbull Village Neighborhood to serve people experiencing
homelessness

We will discuss Coalition support and the status of the Compassion Services
Center in the Trumbull Neighborhood, to serve the people experiencing
homelessness there.

13. City Councilor

We will discuss one topic: the City Budget.

14. Neighborhood Association Concerns

15. Community Input & Announcements

Yours in Democracy,
Gina Naomi Dennis