[Volunteers_fosm] FOSM Trail Project for April 18, 2019

Bob Galloway via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Apr 14 17:26:10 MDT 2019

*NOTE:*
1. *New start time:* plan to leave the Sandia Ranger Station at *0830*.
2. *Parking:* park in the main north lot by the restrooms and walk back to
the FOSM Shed. If you're not sure where that is, let me know and I can
provide details. The reason is to accommodate the recent influx of USFS
seasonal employees.

*PROJECT DETAILS:*
The Friends of the Sandia Mountains (FOSM) will work on a piece of the
Cienega-Armijo
Trail Improvement Project (CATIP) for the Sandia Ranger District. The
project is to continue the planned reroutes on Armijo Trail, #222. The task
will primarily be cutting trail tread for a reroute about halfway up the
trail.

We will be accessing the work site from a location with limited parking.
The hike in is about a mile. Because we will carpool to the extent
possible, I do not recommend hiking out before we end the work session.

So we can plan for tools, hard hats, and transportation, *please let me
know by email or text* 1)* IF *you plan to participate, 2)* IF *you will
need a hard hat*, *and 3)* IF *you have any questions (and please do not

*START TIME:  *
Meet at the FOSM shed behind the Sandia Ranger District (SRD) on
*Thursday 4/18/19 *ready to go at *0830*. Bring your lunch, snacks,
liquids, and sunscreen. Dress in layers to accommodate varying
temperatures. We will work until 1400.

*REQUIRED ATTIRE: *
The standard USFS trail work PPE requirements apply: *approved hard hat,
eye protection, no open-toed shoes, work gloves, and pants* (no shorts), no
exceptions. A hard hat can be provided if needed. *NOTE: *short-sleeved
shirts are fine but brushing *including trail obliteration* requires long
sleeves.

*Weather and trail conditions can change quickly. Please watch for last
minute project updates or cancellation. *

Thanks. And I can amend this distribution list as desired.

Bob Galloway
505-366-1573
FOSM Project Leader