[Volunteers_fosm] ANNOUNCING MAY 7 FOSM PROGRAM, 7PM, SANDIA RANGER STATION

Louis Romero via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Apr 16 09:24:50 MDT 2019

PROGRAM TITLE: 1930's Picnic Sites: History and Restoration

ABSTRACT DESCRIPTION: 1930's Civilian Conservation Corps craftsmanship is
showcased in two picnic areas in the foothills of the Sandias.  At this
presentation we will learn about the history of the area.  We will gain
insights into requirements of the State Historic Preservation Office and US
Forest Service authorizing  restoration of this charming area affected by
years of natural and deliberate damage.  We will see photos of what
volunteers have accomplished to bring this unique area back to life.

PRESENTERS: Joelle Hertel, Volunteer Preconstruction and Construction
Professional and Sandra Coambs, Lead Archeologist, Sandia and Mountainair
Ranger Districts, USFS

--
Louis D. Romero
505-275-1570