[Volunteers_fosm] FOSM Trail Session Report for August 22, 2019

Bob Galloway via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Aug 22 21:48:13 MDT 2019

Another last-minute change in plans. Instead of working on the
Cienega/Armijo Trails Improvement Project (CATIP), the FOSM trail crew went
back to the 10k North Trail to work on finishing touches to the new
reroutes. The tasks for the day included cutting the backslope, leveling
tread, opening drainages on some scattered sections, and building a crib
wall over some rock outcrops. Specific instructions were provided by Russell
Berman, Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands Resource Assistant,
Trails.
Berman's Dirty Dozen volunteers were Jim Houle, Lorna Morrow, Mark Grazier,
Sim Cook, Eric Russell, Jenny Blackmore, Bruce Hansche, Don Carnicom, Pat
and Mike Madden, and Betsy and Bob Galloway.

It was really nice being high up on the mountain for a change. Different
trees, flowers, dirt, and rock. And of course the crew loved the deep shade
and lower temperatures. We did have to watch out for numerous hikers on the
trail, something we seldom see in the CATIP area.

All pics in the attachment by Betsy Galloway.

Bob Galloway
FOSM Project Leader