[Volunteers_fosm] FOSM Website

Joseph C. Giles cliffgiles at mac.com
Thu Apr 22 19:31:19 MDT 2021

FOSM members,

I hope that you have seen the announcement about our May 4 virtual meeting with Crystal Powell, head of Sandia Ranger District, as our featured speaker. If your mailbox is like mine, it gets hard to find a saved message after a couple of days. Also, I’ve heard from some of you that the link to join the Zoom meeting isn’t always “hot” (blue underlined font) so clicking on it doesn’t work. Never fear; Mike Coltrin has posted the announcement including the URL needed to join the meeting on the Friends of the Sandias website <http://friendsofthesandias.org/fosmwordpress/> under the Current Events tab <http://friendsofthesandias.org/fosmwordpress/current-events/>. I’ve confirmed that the link works.

Mike retains posts of previous meetings under the same tab and includes links to the presentation materials used. Therefore, you still can learn about the Sandia Nordic Ski Club even if you missed Scott Dietrich’s very informative presentation on April 6. (Microsoft may force you to log in if you have one of their accounts such as Office 365 or Hotmail.)

I naively assumed that getting Zoom up and running would go as smoothly for everyone as it did on my Apple devices. I’ve heard that was not the case for some of you. I’ve added additional materials in the tutorial I distributed earlier hoping this will help resolve any remaining difficulties.

I look forward to seeing you on May 4.

Cliff Giles
FOSM VP