[NMCycling] XC ski clinic at Enchanted Forest - tomorrow

Jon Dellios via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Dec 18 20:48:58 MST 2015

Hey all,

Couldn't agree more heartily with Clay. Cross-country skiing is an
excellent winter training alternative to cycling and this should be a great
year to participate since we already have a good dose of snow throughout
the northern portion of the state. Enchanted Forest XC has been a fantastic
setting for winter adventures for many years. The UNM XC ski team uses the
facility as their home venue.

Please know that many of us are trying to create a more consistent
opportunity to enjoy cross-country skiing locally here in Albuquerque. The
Sandias have trails which provide fun and challenge. There are limited
local equipment rental options, but with more interest, those stores might
start to carry more.

For those of you with rollerskis or inline/rollerskates who might want to
train with a nordic twist, Sophrosyne is offering a Masters Nordic training
series in Albuquerque on weekdays and on snow on Saturdays.  I have a Level
200 USSA coaches certification and just recently was the head coach of the
Kid's Camp at the Crested Butte Thanksgiving Nordic Ski Festival. If you're
interested in more information, see our website at www.sophrosynenm.com.

Sincerely,  Jon Dellios

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Clay Moseley via Bike-racers <
bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

> It's a bit late, but I realized that I usually send out info on our yearly
> "early season" ski clinic up at Enchanted Forest XC
> <http://www.enchantedforestxc.com/> ski area in Red River.  It is
> tomorrow at 10:30am (probably getting really started around 11am).
>
> The clinic will cover different aspects in both skate and classic,
> focusing on classic skiing first, and skating afterward for those who are
> interested.
>
> There will likely be more kids, but adults are welcome to join in as
> well.  The clinic itself is free, but you'll need to cover the trail pass
> and any rentals, etc.  It's still a bargain and tomorrow's weather looks
> spectacular.  They have as near perfect conditions as you can get for xc
> skiing too.
>
> More info on skiing at Enchanted Forest from the SW Nordic Ski blog:
>

> http://swnordicski.blogspot.com/2015/01/visiting-enchanted-forest-xc-ski-and.html

Jon Dellios
(505) 235-7628
jon at SophrosyneNM.org