[NMCycling] Job opening at Trek Superstore

Michael Humphries via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Aug 21 18:36:47 MDT 2018

Hi Bike-Racers List!  It's been a long time since I've posted here...I hope that you're ALL doing well!

We are looking for a full time mechanic for Trek Superstore ABQ. If you know a potential candidate, please pass this on to them. If you ARE a potential candidate, email me at mhumphries at trekabq,com ASAP! Don't respond via the list please, I rarely check my Hotmail account.

I am looking for a full time mechanic that has bike shop / bike industry experience. The service manager position may be a possibility for the right applicant. This candidate will be able to:

1. Assemble bikes with a high degree of skill and efficiency

2. Assess condition and repair a wide variety of bicycles, including e-bikes.

3. Greet customers and write service tickets that take care of the customers needs.

4. Be proficient in a wide variety of technical repair skills, including, but not limited to:

         *MTB suspension fork and shock service and repair

         *Hydraulic disc brake bleeding

         *Wheel building and wheel/spoke repair

         *Carbon fiber frame damage assessment

5. Be proficient in a wide variety of shop management skills

          *Training mechanics in assembly/repair techniques

          *Scheduling and expediting service and assembly schedules

          *Dealing with walk in customers needing on the spot services, as well as managing scheduled work

          *Assisting sales staff in prepping newly sold bikes for customer use including safety checks and added component and                           accessory installation

          *Occasionally representing our business at cycling events as a mechanic and store ambassador.

6. Understand that this is a full time career type position that will require working on weekends, and later evening hours as posted store hours and service load dictate. This is NOT a great fit for someone that needs/expects many weekends off, or a constantly changing schedule.

We offer competitive wages, overtime pay over 40 hours worked in a week, health/dental insurance, 401k program with matching, and earned vacation time, as well as occasional industry training opportunities.

If interested, please email resume to Mike Humphries, mhumphries at trekabq.com

I will look forward to speaking with you!

Thanks!

Mike Humphries
General Manager
Trek Bicycle Superstore