[NMCycling] Hillsboro 2021 Planning

Zia Velo ziavelo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:24:28 MDT 2021

Dear NM cyclists and racers,

It was great to see many of you at the Master's nationals in ABQ. Despite
my mechanical across Frost Rd, I enjoyed getting in touch with my NM
cycling family/friends.

I am writing to let you know about the status of the Hillsboro race. As I
have been planning for Hillsboro to be an exciting event, I have learned
about road/bridge construction in and around Hillsboro. The reports I have
received indicate that the final approval of the bridges are pending and
the road upgrades limit usage. I have been hesitant to put together a race
and promote an event that may not be possible. Although the status may
change, the continued rain and water runoff have influenced the final
processes for the road completion.

Additionally, the continued safety precautions to limit the spread of
COVID19 Delta may also have an impact on the potential to offer our event.
In speaking with the Hillsboro community members, I have learned about the
awareness they are placing on limiting the potential impact of racers
arriving in their village.

With the above said, in consultation with fellow ZiaVelo members, I,
regrettably, have decided to postpone the Hillsboro road race until March
2022.

I appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you on the road, soon.

Best,
David Rutledge