[Neighbors] Monday: Hear the plan to move ABQ to a more renewable energy plan

City Councilor Pat Davis via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Aug 19 10:18:48 MDT 2016

Nob Hill Neighbors --

Over the last few months we’ve been working to make Albuquerque a solar leader. Currently Albuquerque only gets about 3% of our energy from the sun despite NM having the second highest potential for solar energy in the country.

Along with Councilor Benton, I introduced R-16-36 back in March, which would set a goal of the city generating 25% of its energy from the sun by 2025. Others questioned if we could accomplish this goal, so we asked some experts to take a look.

Next Monday, August 22nd, we’ll hear the results at a Council Study Session at 5pm on the 9th floor of the 1 Civic Plaza. I encourage you to listen with me and the rest of the Council as some options are presented.

We’re confident that not only can we get to 25% but we can go even farther and save the city money and invest in our local economy while doing it.

So join us on Monday night to hear one plan to make Albuquerque a solar leader.

Solar Financial Feasibility Study Session
 Monday August 22nd, 5pm
 1 Civic Plaza, 9th floor

Gun Violence Prevention and Crime Prevention

Albuquerque city councilors approve $150K for gun database system <http://krqe.com/2016/08/15/albuquerque-city-councilors-approve-150k-for-gun-database-system/>

"Davis found a way for councilors to take a vote"

 <http://krqe.com/2016/08/15/albuquerque-city-councilors-approve-150k-for-gun-database-system/>KRQE News 13-Aug 15, 2016

...The high tech ballistics machine was only temporarily in Albuquerque. It was brought in by the ATF and used in what federal and local agents are now calling the most successful joint operation tackling the worst of the worst criminals to date.

“We took 127 firearms off the street,” said Thomas Atteberry of the ATF Phoenix Field Division during a press conference Friday. “I think it speaks to the level of violence in Albuquerque, New Mexico.”

“If you’re a bad guy in Albuquerque and you’ve been using a gun in a crime, we’re not done yet,” Albuquerque City Councilor Pat Davis said.

Davis said when he heard the ballistics machine was getting ready to leave Albuquerque, he found a way for councilors to take a vote Monday night on investing $150,000 into keeping it.

“There’s no reason for us to just stop all that good work,” Davis said.

He said timing is right since he already had a bill on the agenda Monday night regarding the use of discretionary funds for public projects.

Plus, Davis added, someone from both the Albuquerque Police Department and the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Department were recently trained in the system.

City approves money for new crime lab technology <http://www.koat.com/news/city-approves-money-for-new-crime-lab-technology/41237810>

KOAT Albuquerque-Aug 16, 2016
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —The Albuquerque Police Department is getting ... markings could help solve open cases in New Mexico using NIBIN.

Upcoming District Events

Albuquerque International District Festival <https://www.cabq.gov/council/find-your-councilor/district-6/events/albuquerque-international-district-festival-1>

Sep 24, 2016 from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM

Get help from City Hall:

Contact my office at 768-3152 or Sean Foran at seanforan at cabq.gov <mailto:seanforan at cabq.gov>

-=-=-
Patrick Davis for ABQ - 3926 Simms Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, United States
This email was sent to neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com.  To stop receiving emails: http://www.patforabq.com/unsubscribe
-=-=-

Created with NationBuilder - http://nationbuilder.com/