[Neighbors] Lead/Coal accident statistics

Thomas Simic via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Oct 3 11:57:52 MDT 2016

I have suggested to Mr. Garduno, as well as Pat Davis about putting permanent signs on Lead & Coal that flashes your speed to hopefully encourage people to slow down. These signs have been installed on Washington between Constitution and Indian School. I drive through there just about everyday and it reminds me of my speed and to make sure that I am not going faster than required. Every suggestion seems to require a traffic study to spend more City money and doesn't seem to produce any results. I asked for the  left turn signal to be replaced on Carlisle for traffic heading east on Coal. Was told a traffic study again had to be done and resulted in not being necessary to put the signal back. The turn signal was originally there but was taken down during the Lead/Coal project but never replaced, yet, the left turn signal at Lead heading west was replaced. I just don't understand why money had to be spent on something that already existed just to put it back. I think it may help reduce the number of accidents if people can legally make a left turn instead of waiting for the light to change and hope they make the turn.