[Neighbors] Nob Hill Liquor License Ordinance Amendment

John Massey via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Sep 29 14:45:06 MDT 2016

Mo, Susan, Stephen and all others,

Thank you for clarifying that point Mo.  It was my misunderstanding that the position was if the church and / or school do not grant the approval you could not go forward.  As I understand it now with this statement, license applicants will still need to seek the church (or school should that arise) approval but lack of approval will not automatically prohibit that waiver from occurring. It is an important consideration but not the only one.  If that is wrong, please let me know.

My apologies to all for that earlier misstatement.

I remain in favor of this amendment as it provides an opportunity for all affected and concerned to receive notice of the possibility of waiver and an opportunity to be heard with verifiable documentation and testimony for and against.  As I previously wrote, without the amendment,  this neighborhood forgoes  opportunities for other similar projects in that space should this one not be approved.  I did not say but will add, should another church or school come in elsewhere in the CCR district, the same strict prohibition affecting other properties will occur without this amendment.

I hope it passes.

I also add concern about the tone of Ms. Michie’s comment about keeping the property from being leased by others.  False implications can arise from less.

Pat Massey

PS  Stephen Mullens this morning thanked me for my opinion and asked of my business and property interests.  I thought it an innocent inquiry on his part and replied to him.  He has that information and can forward you my email should anyone else be interested.